I finally “threw caution to the wind” grabbed a spool of 28 ga. Artistic Wire, an interesting collection of beads, and began randomly stringing 450+ beads. The stringing happened over a few days, in between sewing a skirt from my pattern sloper, which by the way fits perfectly. I digress for a minute…
I decided to line the skirt, and for the first time, use a Hong Kong finish for the seams cutting my own bias strips out of silk taffeta.
After the random order of beads were on the wire, I faced the hardest part of casting on with wire.
I took a deep breath and got in my zen place and relaxed. I let the wire do the work and realized I could bend the wire any which way I wanted. At first, I wasn’t sure I liked the unevenness of the knitting and texture of the different sizes and shapes of beads.
The more I knitted…the more I began to like the piece.
The advantage of knitting with wire provides a perfect opportunity for manipulating the surface. The sculptural possibilities are endless.